Welcome Missionary Baptist Church

Pontiac, Michigan

This 1940’s structure, which once housed a Jewish Synagogue, employed a phased renovation and expansion to meet the needs of this Baptist congregation. The new 2-story sanctuary space seats approximately 840 persons, the classroom addition on the north side of the building includes a child care component, and renovations include the existing church, offices, a conference room, and fellowship hall. This project successfully integrated the old structure with the new by utilizing similar materials and salvaging key remnants of the old building to produce a cohesive unit.